what will happen to exsisting fields and their data if i wanted to un-install this farm solution

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:08 PM
Edited Mar 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM
I have being using this great farm solution, for around 1 years and it is working well.. but i am planning to write a document for our management on how we should manage un-handled exceptions, being raised.. so i want to know what will happen if i face these problems:-

let say i am using this autocomplete lookup field inside 10 subsites, and they contain data. and for a reason or another i start facing error (after applying a commutative update or after installing another 3rd part tool, or for unknown reason), as a result i want to retract this farm solution (either temporary or permanently),, so can you adivce please on what will be my current situation, on these points:-
  • what will happen to existing autocomplete lookup fields, and their data, if i retract this farm solution? will the whole subsite break ?
  • is there any fail safe mechanism being applied , so that if i retract this farm solution.... any autocomplete field will be changed to a free text field for example?
  • let say we plan in one year from now to upgrade our sharepoint server 2013 to 2016.. what will be the upgrade steps for this autocomplete field ? I mean Microsoft will make sure that built-in column types get updated to 2016 as part of the upgrade process,, but in our case what will happen or how we can upgrade this autocomplete lookup field ?